On Sundays, I mass produce food for lunch during the week!
First, I concocted my favorite turkey chili:
In the mix:
- Ground turkey, 85% lean (I like a little fat for these types of stews)
- 3 diced and peeled parsnips
- 1 large can of green peas
- 1 small can of sliced, white mushrooms
- 1 huge can (about 24oz) of diced tomatoes
- spices: dash of hot sauce, pepper, salt, dash of agave, cayenne pepper
I brown the turkey first with no added oil, since there is a significant amount of fat. I add pepper and cayenne pepper to just the meat. After browning, I add the diced parsnips and tomatoes, and bring to a heavy simmer, usually for about 30 minutes or until the parsnips are medium-soft. I then add the peas and mushrooms, extra spices, and put it on a low simmer for another 25-30 minutes. TO. DIE. FOR.
I also made another great Paleo recipe: avocado chocolate mousse!
For those of us who love DEEP chocolate (yes, I buy the 85-90% chocolate bars), this is great.
In the mix:
- 2 avocadoes, ripe, smashed
- 1/2 cup Hershey’s dark chocolate cocoa
- dash of chocolate protein powder
- cayenne pepper and salt
This feeds me for years!