Superset style workout today! Let’s be real, we all know we’re super anyhow, so we’re just amping it up.
Supersetting means that you do both exercises in each set once through without stopping, rest, then repeat. When you’ve done each set two or three times (gauge how you feel, and if you think you can do the move with correct posture), move to the next set. [post-workout update: I did three times through each]
- 30sec Power side-to-side jumps (squat low, power-up and jump to the side, squat again, repeat)
- 10 Tricep dips
- 30sec Mountain Climbers (keep your butt down, as in plank position)
- 10 One-legged deadlifts with dumbbell
- 30sec Plank
- 10 leg-drops (hold your abs tight, don’t let your back come up off the floor)
Tabata Style with long cool-down, ~20 minutes. I do elliptical.
3 minute warm-up (assuming you’ve done the strength portion first)
4 minute Tabata Intervals (equals 8 intervals, total)
– 15 second sprint, 15 second moderate
8 minute moderate work (rate of perceived exertion ~5-6)
5 minute cool-down
I’m setting to work off my delicious Mexican lunch. If you order right, Mexican can be really filling and healthy! My personal favorite: steak fajitas. Skip the tortillas, load up on the guacemole, lettuce and fajitas, and dig in.
They’re also insanely easy to make at home.