My Italian-side’s family reunion was today, so (as is wholly expected), I was welcomed to a feast of Italian delicacies. What a spread.
I actually ate pretty intuitively – a few too many nibbles of cookie at the end – and kept my pasta intake reasonable. Pasta tends to upset my stomach, so I filled up on meats instead. Yum!
Dancing was involved.
As was much family-bonding.
I also just finished watching the premiere of BBC America’s Copper. Seriously good. I love Irish accents (who doesn’t?!) and the lead man is brilliant: handsome, great actor, and not previously famous! Love up-and-coming stars. Definitely a show to keep up with. Hate the Sundays at 10pm show time, but there’s a fair amount of nudity/violence, so I guess I understand it.
It’s Sunday, so we all know what that means! Weekly Workouts and goals!
Goals of this week:
- Eat when hungry.
- Focus on eating healthy as a way of life, not just as a means to an end
- Don’t overwork my hip muscles/tendons
- Monday: long and steady elliptical (at least 40 minutes), plus focus on core work and hip rehab.
- Tuesday: hard elliptical intervals [hoping that my hips will be back up-and-running] for 25 minutes, then focus on hamstrings, glutes and some quad work.
- Wednesday: steady elliptical (30 minutes), plus focus on biceps, shoulders, lats and triceps
- Thursday: hard elliptical intervals [again, bearing in mind limitations] for 25 minutes, then focus on core work and hip rehab.
- Friday: long and steady elliptical (at least 40 minutes), with overall body workout focus. The longest day in the gym.
Any of these days could be converted into a rest day and the schedule shifted, especially considering the irregular pattern of injury that my hips have been showing lately. Ah well; must be flexible.